Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email retention

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 00:58:12 +0000

Dear Mark,

The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has created an Information Security Guide that contains
electronic records management toolkit that may be of interest to you:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Electronic+Records+Management+Toolkit

About midway through the document you can find a listing of institutional records management policies.

The Information Security Guide is aligned with ISO/IEC 27002:2013, an international standard which includes key
objectives and implementation guidance to assist organizations with developing an effective information security
program. What makes the HEISC Information Security Guide so unique is that resources and content included in Guide
chapters are provided by higher education information security professionals with expertise in both information
security and higher education.

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of IT GRC and Cybersecurity Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | main: 303.449.4430 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>