Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

OneDrive for Business, encryption in Exchange Online

From: "Jessica L. States" <jlstates () FHSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:19:34 +0000

We're new to Office 365, and we'll soon be opening up OneDrive for Business to employees.  Just wondering if anyone
would be willing to share their policies, procedures, or awareness materials about storing/sharing data in OneDrive
(including confidential data).  Is there something you wish you'd done differently during roll-out?  Has anyone found a
good way to address data integrity when people are allowed to save files to multiple locations (OneDrive, local file
servers, etc)?

Also wondering how other universities are handling e-mail encryption in Exchange Online.  We're testing Azure Rights
Management for Office 365 Message Encryption.  Does anyone else use this, or is anyone doing something else?  Why are
you using what you're using?  Do users like it and/or understand it?

Thanks!

Jessica States, CCNP
Information Security Officer
Division of Technology Services