Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: enterprise security reporting

From: Thomas Skill <tskill1 () UDAYTON EDU>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 08:31:11 -0400

Alex,

At the University of Dayton, we have been discussing this extensively.  We
have drafted a report that blends some dashboard-type metrics with some
narrative on recent incidents but we are not convinced that we have the
right mix information for mostly non-technical executives.

We are really interested in better understanding what kinds of information
should be shared with leadership (including our Board Audit Committee).
The concept of a dashboard is very compelling - and finding ways to
automate that would be even better.

Our primary question is similar to yours -- what information should we
include in a monthly and/or annual execute briefing?  I would greatly value
a consensus list from this group that articulates what we believe matters
most to report.

Thanks for surfacing this issue!

Tom

Thomas Skill, Ph.D.
Associate Provost & CIO
Professor of Communication
Office (937) 229-3511
Fax (937) 229-4044

eMail: skill () udayton edu <tskill1 () udayton edu>
Twitter: @skilltd <https://twitter.com/skilltd>
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/skilltd

UDit
University of Dayton