Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Palo Alto Implementation

From: "Kapucu, Ali" <akapucu () KENT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:40:38 +0000

We have Active/Passive units directly attached to our Core via OSPF we receive default route from core and advertise
all the networks behind PA.  Each subnet has their zone. %90 of subnets are sub interface on internal side. In some
cases we do vlan interface instead of sub interface. We have UserID implementation as well. So we can match every
single campus ip (wired/wireless) to active-directory username.

For Border deployment you can seperate route instances. So you can run BGP with your ISP and run OSPF internally and
keep them separate.

—
Ali

On 10/23/15, 11:19 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv on behalf of Councill, David" <SECURITY ()