Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Antivirus within Computer labs

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 18:21:44 +0000

Greetings,

I am writing as the staff liaison for the EDUCAUSE Security Discussion
Group to remind this group about our participation guidelines,
http://www.educause.edu/discuss/constituent-and-discussion-group-participat
ion-guidelines, which clearly state that sales-oriented messages are in
direct violation of the listserv.

Promotional Messages and Advertising
EDUCAUSE Constituent and Discussion Groups are educational in nature and
not intended for promotional announcements, advertising, product-related
press releases, or other commercial use. Please note that unsolicited
commercial communications to constituent group participants as a result of
postings to a Constituent or Discussion list violate the promotional
messages and advertising provisions of these guidelines and may result in
the loss of access to the listserv in question.

Please note that individuals who continue to disregard and violate the
guidelines may be blocked from subsequent participation.

We welcome and encourage all members of this listserv to share
informational, educational, and objective responses to the topic(s) being
discussed.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good

direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil |
educause.edu <http://educause.edu>

On 10/5/15, 10:50 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv on
behalf of Kurtis Smejkal" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU on behalf of
kurtis.smejkal () HORIZONDATASYS COM> wrote:

Hello All,

Kurtis from Horizon DataSys here. If you're looking for a program that
will work pretty congruently with Anti-Virus solutions you may want to
look into Drive Vaccine. There's some features there that will allow you
to update Anti-Virus automatically; as for the program itself there
shouldn't be any issues.

If you have any questions you can always email me at
kurtis () horizondatasys com