Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New Hire Paperwork

From: Angie Duff <angie.duff () COLORADOCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 14:51:28 +0000

Good Morning,

I have recently joined the Educause Security Discussion Group and appreciate all of the information and insight that
comes out of the discussions.

We are looking into ways to gather PII from newly hired faculty and staff with our challenge being two-fold.  First we
want to move away from paper-based forms that are currently faxed, mailed, or delivered in person.  Second, we would
like to have the employee's information available to load into Banner.  We currently use PeopleAdmin for recruitment
but I understand that their onboarding solution won't meet our requirements.

Our ideas have included using encrypted PDFs, developing an in-house web-based form to collect "public" information
with a follow-up phone call to collect PII, and using DocuSign's service.  None of our ideas appear to be the perfect
fit.  I'd like to hear about other ideas that have been implemented at your institutions.

Kind regards and thanks for sharing!

Angie Duff
Information Security Officer
Colorado College