Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Interesting BoF Session at SPC!

From: Paul Howell <phowell () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:15:38 +0000

Hi Everyone,

If you're attending this year's Security Professionals Conference in Minneapolis, please join us for an interesting BoF
on Monday May 4th in the Grand Ballroom Salon E, Third Floor.   See
(http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference/2015/birds-feather-sessions-bofs-0)

Our friends at the Cloud Security Alliance have a public domain project called the software defined perimeter (SDP).
CSA is the same group which we coordinated with regarding the security evaluation of Net+ service providers.  Here is a
pointer to the SDP effort: https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/research/sdp/   .

The SDP developers are interested in seeking volunteers in the Higher Ed space to participate in the ongoing
development of SDP, keeping it vendor neutral and kicking off an open source project.    There is a brief presentation
on SDP at https://youtu.be/UVT6BsPzKEU as well as an article in the Wall Street Journal at
http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2015/03/23/coca-cola-looks-to-secure-network-edge-for-age-of-cloud-mobility/

Please join us at the BoF to learn more about SDP and how you can contribute.

Regards.
Paul

Chief Cyberinfrastructure Security Officer
Internet2
100 Phoenix Drive
Suite 111
Ann Arbor, MI 48108