Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Facebook takedowns?

From: David Hale <ddh () MTU EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:17:12 -0400

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions on this.  In the end we found
that persistence  and volume was the key.  After 10-15 reports from
multiple people Facebook decided that the profile did violate their content
policies and removed it.

Morrow, the DMCA idea was a particularly creative method to have the page
removed, unfortunately there wasn't any content that was properly owned by
the University.  I might have to add that to my tool belt though.

Thanks again,
-Dave

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Maloney, Michael <mmaloney () middlesexcc edu>