Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Next Generation Firewalls

From: "Barton, Robert" <bartonrt () LEWISU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:15:24 +0000

http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/security/300073218/gartner-magic-quadrant-enterprise-firewall-vendors-to-watch.htm

You may have seen that already, but I've used Juniper and Palo Alto.  For single HA firewall environment without a
management server, I would go Palo Alto.

I'm not happy with Juniper's management servers (SPACE & NSM) in general.  It never seemed finished to me and then they
just had some bad ways of doing things.

LOVED Check Point, but I have not seen an offering from them since the R75 time.  Their management was top notch.  But,
you pay for it.

Robert W. Barton
Director of Information Security
Lewis University