Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fwd: Update on VA Tech SANS Onsite 3/9-14. It's still on!

From: Ken Connelly <ken.connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:33:04 -0600

Despite the ever-increasing prices, this week of SANS training is still
the best bang for your buck.  Join me in sunny (or rainy or snowy)
Blacksburg if you can.  If you can't, then the vLive option is a decent
second choice.  Hope to see you in Blacksburg!

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly             Associate Director, Security and Systems

Any request to divulge your UNI password via e-mail is fraudulent!

--- Begin Message --- From: randy <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:42:36 -0500
Hi there. Just wanted to update everyone on our March SANS Onsite class.

1. It's still ON! We've been delayed in getting the onsite registration www
site up. The URL is www.cpe.vt.edu/isect but as of today, 1/15/15,still
shows the 2014 class. Our conference people tell it will be up asap. I'm
sorry for the confusion.

2. Here are the details once again so you can start working on getting the
approvals in place to register.

a. WHEN: 3/9-14/2015, 0900-1730
b. WHERE: 2150 Torgersen Hall, VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24060
c. WHAT: SANS SEC 511 "Continuous Monitoring & Security Operation", general
course description is at
http://www.sans.org/course/continuous-monitoring-security-operations. Chris
Crowley will be the instructor.
d. HOW MUCH: $1800/person for EDU (Higher Ed, Community College, K-12, any
.EDU) or state/local govt employees.  $5140 - full price for commercial or
federal govt employees.
e. REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
ONLINE (vLive) OPTION: If you plan on taking the class remotely, register
at http://www.sans.org/onsite/details/38407. Use the DISCOUNT CODE:
*PART_38407 to get the $1800/person price. *
ONSITE: www.cpe.vt.edu/isect (pending)

3. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Again, sorry for the www site issue.

Hope to see you there. Please forward this note to your peers.
Thanks.
-Randy

--- End Message ---