Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

PCI SSC Advisory Board Election

From: "Allen, Jon D." <Jon_Allen () BAYLOR EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 03:07:51 +0000

The PCI SSC is opening elections for candidates to join the PCI SSC Advisory Board.  For those organizations that are
PCI participating members I would like to ask that you consider voting for Jon Allen at Baylor University to the board.
 Higher Education institutions are complex organizations that represent most of the use cases and payment scenarios
that occur in merchant relationships.  Unlike traditional merchants we also operate much more open environments that
present significant challenges when applying the PCI DSS for scoping and compliance.  It is my belief that these use
cases are underrepresented in the council discussions.  I would like to change that by bringing these scenarios forward
that represent the real world cases of higher education and small to medium businesses.

If this conversation rings true for your organization or organizations that you work with, I ask that you vote for Jon
Allen at Baylor University for the PCI SCC Advisory Board.

Thanks,

Jon Allen, CISSP, EnCE
Assistant Vice President &
Chief Information Security Officer