Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NAC Guest Provisioning

From: "Knights, John" <knightsj () WIT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:38:07 +0000

Good Afternoon All-

Last year, we implemented our NAC solution on our wireless segments. We’ve seemed to work out most of the kinks on our
authenticated/secure segment, but are having issues with the Guest segment and hope to hear about what you are doing
with guest provisioning.

We currently have implemented guest registration through our NAC solution, which requires that a guest provide us with
their name, email, and phone number. We send them an SMS with a code that they then use on the device they are
registering. We are experiencing issues with some folks not receiving the SMS codes. We are faced with having to
reevaluate our approach and would like to gain your approach to registering, if at all, guest devices connecting to
either your wired or wireless network segments.

I appreciate any feedback this group can provide.

Thanks,
John
John Knights
Information Security Officer