Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

University Resources at AWS

From: Emery Rudolph <erudolph () UMD EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:05:52 +0000

Good morning,

I know that many of you are engaged with Amazon (or other vendor) web services in one way or another, so I would like
to know if you have any robust security policies that you would be willing to share regarding parameters for how
services and data can be extended to those cloud services?

Presumably, you have a different, perhaps more stringent set of criteria for the types of data and policy around
security patching, etc. If you have such documentation that you would not mind sharing, I would be very appreciative.

Very Best Regards,

Emery Rudolph, MS
Manager
IT-SI-Platform Services