Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Senior security analyst/security engineer job descriptions.

From: David D Grisham <DGrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:46:09 +0000

Would anybody please share a job description of your highest level security staff member? We have a network security
engineer. But that position choose one a lot of specific network skills and tool use that wouldn't really apply to an
ITSecurity senior analyst/security engineer for everything not network. Including implementing sophisticated security
tools, risk and policy based security experience, HIPAA
I know that the above is a heckuva start. But I'm looking for a job description that's used in a healthcare or
preferably academic health Center that really has helped your organization step up a notch or two with its ITSecurity
program.
-- Things like project management background or did a CISSP requirement really help versus 3 to 5 years of mid-level
security analyst work would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance and Cheers.-grish
David Grisham, PhD, CISM, CRISC
Manager, ITSecurity, UNM Hospitals
PS. I realize that finding a person will be much harder than writing the JD.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited unless specifically
provided for under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University of New Mexico.