Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: funny video on avoiding copyright infringement

From: Harry Zahlis <harry.zahlis () FRESNOCITYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:04:33 +0000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuYkT5Hsyc

Video you were referring to…

Harry Zahlis
Network Coordinator

[FCC logo for email]
Fresno City College
1101 E. University Ave.
Fresno, CA 93741
Help Desk: 559-443-8670
Phone: 559-442-8206
www.fresnocitycollege.edu<http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/>

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Greg
Jackson
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 2:59 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] funny video on avoiding copyright infringement

Was from UVa. Google "when I go to UVa"
 Greg Jackson
1-202-596-9425<tel:1-202-5969425> • gjackson.us<http://gjackson.us/>

On Oct 1, 2014, at 5:33 PM, Shalla, Kevin <kshalla () UIC EDU<mailto:kshalla () UIC EDU>> wrote:
Many years ago I remember a university producing a very funny video where children talked about their dreams for
college. The script included things like
“I want to download illegal music and spend years in a federal penitentiary”. I’m looking for a similar video now (one
that is funny, tells the consequences for violating copyright law, identifies common ways it’s violated, and how to
comply with the law while still having fun). Does anyone have suggestions?

Kevin Shalla
Academic and Enrollment Services
University of Illinois at Chicago