Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Get Study Room site

From: Leland Lyerla <llyerla () UU EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 20:47:37 +0000

When I visited the registration page to get more info the site asked for a new password, but did not expressly say not
to use the student's campus account password. Students likely would still use the same password unless otherwise told
not to, so the danger of compromise is still present due to a bad security practice and vague instructions.

Leland