Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Uptick in SSH scanning ?

From: "Joel L. Rosenblatt" <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:48:31 +0900

Hi,

We saw

Type            probes        unique IPs
22/tcp         15377395    190

in the last 24 hours - A little higher than normal

Thanks,
Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Director Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel
Public PGP key
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90BD740BCC7326C3