Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

cyber security liability insurance

From: Alex Jalso <ACJalso () MAIL WVU EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 15:47:22 +0000

Hello Everyone,

WVU is considering cyber liability insurance.  For those of you who have completed such a purchase or are considering
it, I have a few questions where your input is appreciated.

1.      Do you currently have cyber security insurance liability insurance coverage?  If no, are you planning on
acquiring it?

If the answer to question one is Yes please answer the following:

2.      Was the coverage provided by the state's insurance provider or through a private insurance provider?

3.      What is the coverage maximum?

4.      What is the coverage deductible?

5.      Does the coverage have any exclusions, e.g. less coverage for a PCI-DSS incident

6.      Does the policy have any requirement or constraints, e.g. a vulnerability reduction program must be in place,
or that specific policies must be in place?

Replies can be sent directly to me.  Thanks.

Alex

Alex Jalso, PMP, CISM
Director Information Security Services
West Virginia University