Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Evolution and Ascent of the CISO: New EDUCAUSE Review Article

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 16:22:14 +0000

Security & IDM Discussion Group members,

I am pleased to share this new EDUCAUSE Review Online ³transmedia² article
on CISOs:

Outside the Box: Evolution and Ascent of the CISO
https://www.educause.edu/visuals/shared/er/extras/2014/CISO/index.html

"Over the past decade we've seen increasing executive interest in
understanding risks, protecting privacy, and mitigating the impacts of
cyber threats. As a result, a new range of positions have been added to
the ³C-Suite.² Chief information security officers (CISOs) have emerged as
a way for organizations to amplify attention to these and other concerns.
In the following article, seven experts from higher education will share
their thoughts on the most secure job on campus.²

It is similar in style to the CIO article published earlier this year:
http://www.educause.edu/visuals/shared/er/extras/2014/Good2bCIO/default.htm

I hope you enjoy the creative format, as well as the great content by your
peers and colleagues. We hope you will help us share the article and add
your comments to continue the dialogue.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu
<http://educause.edu>