Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Annual Security Report

From: "Sturgis, John (John Sturgis)" <jsturgis () UTK EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 14:08:03 +0000

While researching this topic for a presentation, I found the linked materials helpful.

  *   Overview of the value/purpose of metrics
     *   Educause article, Cybersecurity: When Will We Know If What We Are Doing Is Working?
[http://www.educause.edu/ero/article/cybersecurity-when-will-we-know-if-what-we-are-doing-working]
  *   Guide to selecting which metrics
     *   CIS Quick Start Guide for CIS Consensus Security Metrics v1.0.0,
[http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org/downloads/show-single/?file=metrics_guide.100]
  *   The NIST approach to measuring security program maturity
     *   NISTIR 7358, Program Review for Information Security Management Assistance (PRISMA)
[http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=50907]

John P. Sturgis
Audit and Consulting Services
The University of Tennessee