Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM 2014: Week 1 Update

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 21:07:32 +0000

Happy Friday!

As we wrap up the first week of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, I wanted to thank everyone who is sharing
their NCSAM activities via this list. We will be updating our resource
kit<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/2014infosecurityguide/NCSAM+Resource+Kit> with more campus events
very soon, so please be sure to share your plans (and URLs) if you haven’t done so already.

I also wanted to share a few guest blogs posted earlier in the week. We expect to post at least 1-2 new blogs each week
throughout the month of October, so please stay tuned!

National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2014 is Here! by Michael Kaiser
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/michaelstaysafeonlineorg/national-cyber-security-awareness-month-2014-here-0

Control vs. Education: How Should We Change Human Behavior on Privacy and Data Security? by Daniel Solove
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/dsolovelawgwuedu/control-vs-education-how-should-we-change-human-behavior-privacy-and-data-security

‘Online Security’ Need Not Be an Oxymoron by Raechelle Clemmons
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/raechelleclemmons/online-security-need-not-be-oxymoron

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager