Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Guidelines

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:47:24 +0000

On Mon Jul 28 2014 10:24:55 CDT, "Russo, Dan" <drusso () SBU EDU> wrote:
Do you allow all administration/faculty to remote in via home ?

We have been providing “traditional” VPN services (L2TP/IPSec, Cisco IPSec, no split tunneling) since 2000 or so to any
user with valid University credentials.

Do you allow the same users use their personal PC’s ?

We do not place any restrictions on which devices can connect to our traditional VPN - if it supports L2TP/IPSec or the
Cisco VPN client, it should work.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>