Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: U-wide Full-Disk Encryption Costs

From: "Garmon, Joel" <garmonjs () WFU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:50:13 -0400

We have the university and also an academic medical center and hospital
chain.  We had used an encryption product (not named) for laptops which
costs $60 per license.  It worked great but the cost was prohibitive as we
moved to also encrypt all PCs.

We have moved to Microsoft Bitlocker with the MBAM console. We have been
using it for about 6 months and it is working great.  No issues.  And it is
part of our enterprise licensing agreement.

We have kept our other licensed product for some non-windows devices.

Thank you,

Joel Garmon
Director Information Security
Wake Forest University
336-758-2972

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Carr, Michael G <michael.carr () uky edu>