Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Biometric Survey for Higher Education

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:40:48 +0000

Hi Everyone:

I want to thank each of you who took the time to complete my survey instrument and helping me out.  This will be my
last plea and then I'll follow up with a more proper thank you.  I need 10 more responses before I meet the minimum
collection standards to use the data items in my dissertation.  I ask that if you have not filled out the survey yet
that you take the time (less than 10 minutes) to do so.  I appreciate your time, the time I took up by sending these
posts out and most importantly your patience in reading these more than once.

Warm Regards (from freezing Michigan),

- Kevin

 A lot of you probably know me from my time and contributions back when I was the CISO at the University of Cincinnati,
a role I have since moved on from.  I am still active in higher education and in Cyber Security as I am on my 23rd year
as an adjunct for various colleges.  I am finally finishing up my dissertation work in Cyber Security and was hoping
that each of you would be willing to help me accomplish this life goal by completing the survey at the link below.

 The survey is 16 questions in likert (agree/disagree) format and a couple of demographic questions.  In the pre-test
it literally took most people less than 8 minutes to complete the instrument.  So, I am asking for 8 minutes of your
time.  I also am very much aware of the worlds most popular radio station WIIFM (what's in it for me)  :-)   - the kind
folks at ECAR have agreed, as long as it is deserving,  to publish my research so that it can benefit and be shared
across our community (thank you Joanna and Valerie!).   Yes,  I have passed IRB approval,  pre-test review, field
trial, etc.  and now I am ready to collect results from the actual instrument.

Here is the link to the instrument and I look forward to see what our community is thinking in this space.

                      .. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Biometrics_HigherEducation_klm

Warm Regards,

- Kevin