Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Privacy Month Wrap-Up, Week 1

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:22:42 +0000

Greetings,
Now that Data Privacy Month (January 28-February 28) is underway, we would like to share some available resources.

1) An archived recording now available for yesterday's webinar with Robert Ellis Smith:
http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-location-location-location/2014/location-location-location

2) NCSA's Data Privacy Day event (held Jan. 28) can also be streamed in its entirety at:
http://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/privacy-library/Videos

3) We have posted two guest blogs so far, with at least 3-4 more expected in February.

  *   Cheryl Washington: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/cwashing/promote-privacy-your-campus
  *   Michael Kaiser: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/michaelstaysafeonlineorg/celebrate-data-privacy-day-2014-january-28

4) If you haven't signed up as a Data Privacy Day champion yet, there is still time! It's free and you will receive a
"DPD Champion" logo for your institution's website. Please sign up by next Friday. (We have 28 higher ed champions so
far.) http://www.staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager