Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI 3.0?

From: Blake Penn <BPenn () TRUSTWAVE COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:44:40 +0000

I would agree with Mike here - there is nothing prohibiting the use of kiosks, but they must adhere to all applicable
requirements.  Requirement 9.9 in version 3.0 is a new requirement that will apply here - make sure to read it
carefully.

Before you implement your solution, make sure to engage your QSA to evaluate the solution to make sure that it meets
all the requirements.  FWIW, I have lead such an engagement before and the client ended up ditching the project due to
the expense and hassle of implementing the necessary controls and processes required to comply with the DSS - your
particular case could be much different, of course.

Best of luck.

Blake Penn  CISSP, PCIP, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, QSA, ISMS Principal Auditor
Principal Consultant
t: 678.685.1277

Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND
www.trustwave.com<http://www.trustwave.com/>

DISCLAIMER: The views represented in this message reflect the personal opinions of the author alone and do not
neccessarily reflect the opinions of Trustwave.