Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password requirements survey

From: Tim Faircloth <Tim.Faircloth () GSW EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:49:46 +0000

I filled out the survey - our password policy follows the USG standard set forth in section 5.8.3 of the Information
Technology Handbook (http://www.usg.edu/information_technology_handbook/).  We're currently rolling out Specops
Password Policy and Password Reset (http://www.specopssoft.com/) in order to put technical controls in place for our AD
environment, and we plan to use SSO for Google Apps (email for students) and LDAP for Desire2Learn.

/tim
--
Tim Faircloth
System Administrator, GSW IIT