Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Reporting Structure

From: John Forker <jforker () MAINE EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:04:37 -0400

Short Answer: As of July 1, 2013, at the University of Maine System, the
CISO reports to the CIO.

Long Answer: Both of the CISO and CIO are at a system level supporting our
7 public universities.  Prior to July 1, the CISO reported to the Vice
Chancellor for Finance and Administration, the same person that the CIO
reports to.  The change was made to a a system-wide functional realignment
to bring the CISO closer to IT members at part of a team, so we view this
as a positive change. At "dotted line" reporting the the Vice Chancellor
remains for purposes of governance and oversight, incident management, and
audit.  The CISO also has reporting requirements to a multi-campus
cross-functional governance council as well as a committee of the Board of
Trustees.

John
John Forker
Chief Information Security Officer
University of Maine System
(207) 973-3293

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM, SECURITY automatic digest system <