Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

REN-ISAC/SANS Aggregate purchase program webcast

From: Beth Young <youngba () REN-ISAC NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:57:14 -0600

Greetings,

It is that time of year again!  The next REN-ISAC and SANS aggregate
purchasing window is almost here.  There have been changes to the
program, please join us for an interactive webcast on Tuesday, Nov
19 at 2:00 PM EST to hear about the program changes and ask questions.

The next purchasing window is schedule for Dec 01, 2013 - Jan 31, 2014.

   - SANS Securing The Human security awareness
   - SANS Securing the Human Developer
   - SANS OnDemand technical training & GIAC certification, and
   - SANS NetWars interactive technical skills challenges

The SANS and REN-ISAC partnership creates economies of scale for
purchasing at a significant discount during specific time frames. The
special pricing is available to staff, faculty, and undergraduate
students at higher education institutions, and K-12 teachers and students.

Details about the program are at:
http://www.ren-isac.net/programs/sans.html

For more information on these programs, visit the REN-ISAC web page, or
contact secretary () ren-isac net.

About the Webcast
=================

Presenters will include: Jay Armstrong, SANS Partnership Manager;
Andrew Williams, Director, SANS OnDemand; and Krista Borders,
Director, SANS Securing The Human. The presentation will be followed
by a Q&A session where you can have your questions answered by the
SANS and REN-ISAC team.

To join the webcast:
http://www.ren-isac.net/programs/sans.html

click the Join the Webcast link and enter your name when
prompted. Adobe Flash is required.

Happy Users
===========

"I have never seen such high quality training, distilled to a perfected
message, and compressed into a timeframe that any organization should
willingly commit employee time to taking as a risk reduction strategy."
James A. (Jim) Richards III, West Virginia Chief Information Security

"We just purchased the SANS Securing the Human, which I think is the
best I have ever seen. In addition it's backed up by SANS extensive
experience and knowledge base in infosec."
Karen McDowell, Ph.D., Information Security Analyst, University of
Virginia

About the Partners
==================

REN-ISAC's mission is to aid and promote cyber security operational
protection and response within the higher education and research (R&E)
communities. The mission is conducted within the context of a private
community of trusted representatives at member institutions, and in
service to the R&E community at-large. REN-ISAC serves as the R&E
trusted partner for served networks, the formal ISAC community, and in
commercial, governmental, and private security information sharing
relationships.

The SANS Institute was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and
education organization. Its programs now reach more than 165,000
security professionals around the world. A range of individuals, from
auditors and network administrators to chief information security
officers, are sharing the lessons they learn and are jointly finding
solutions to the challenges they face. At the heart of SANS are the many
security practitioners in varied global organizations from corporations
to universities working together to help the entire information security
community.

Regards,
Beth

- --