Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Countdown to National Cyber Security Awareness Month Starts Today

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:16:31 +0000

National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is just one week away!

Is your campus planning a cybersecurity related activity during the month of October? Please share your plans so we can
include your institution's efforts in our comprehensive list of 2013 higher education events:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/NCSAM+Resource+Kit

Are you looking for resources as you update your website or prepare weekly communications? We have lots of free
materials developed by institutions or students that can be repurposed:

  *   Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library: http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcelibrary
  *   Student Video & Poster Contest Winners (available to download or share): http://www.educause.edu/svc
  *   NCSAM Sample Kit:
http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMsamplekit<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/NCSAM+Sample+Kit>

Our partner, the National Cyber Security Alliance, also offers many free resources:

  *   Download posters, logos, and more: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/promote-ncsam
  *   Pre-written social media posts (for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+):
http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/social-media
  *   Tip sheets and studies: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/resources/

If you have any questions or need help locating additional resources, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE