Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Linux Managed Full Disk Encryption

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:57:00 +0000

Hi JR,

The Information Security Guide's "Introduction to Full Disk Encryption"
(https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Full+Disk+Encryption) notes that PGP Whole Disk Encryption can be
used with Windows, Mac, and Linux:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Full+Disk+Encryption#FullDiskEncryption-Choosing. At this time, we
don't have any campus case studies about using PGP and Linux, but others on the list might have recommendations.

A related resource is the Encryption 101 page: https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Encryption+101

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager