Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Unbelievable...Urgent Help!

From: Farrell Gerbode <fgerbode () SWBELL NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:49:18 -0700

I hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Manila(Philippines) and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and
personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but I have to pay for a ticket and settle
my hotel bills with the Manager.

I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is
my flight will be leaving very soon but i am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let
me leave until i settle the bills, I need your help/LOAN financially and I promise to make the refund once i get back
home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your
email because it's the only way i can reach you

Regards,

FarrellĀ