Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Development of Internal Applications Policy

From: Carlos Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 19:29:23 +0000

Good Afternoon Colleagues,

If you have a policy that governs the development of applications by University Colleges/Departments we would
appreciate receiving a copy.  I'm referring to those colleges/departments that sometimes have creative ideas and
adventure themselves at developing an application so that they can streamline/enhance manual processes such as
workflow, etc.  Our biggest concern is that the code of these applications is not being vetted by central IT and could
have vulnerabilities, which could put University data at risk.

Thanks in advance and your help is greatly appreciated.

Carlos

Carlos S. Lobato, CISA, CIA

IT Compliance Officer

New Mexico State University

Information and Communication Technologies

MSC 3AT PO Box 30001

Las Cruces, NM  88003

Phone (575) 646-5902

Fax (575) 646-5278