Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data Access Approval Letter

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:35:38 +0000

On Jun 16, 2013, at 01:49 , Will Froning <will.froning () GMAIL COM> wrote:

I'm trying to find this online, but I am failing completely. When running an investigation I often run into
roadblocks on data access and it can significantly delay my progress.

Do you all have a letter signed by your Chancellor/President that gives you carte blanche access to University data
when running an investigation?

We don't have a signed letter, but we have an official policy.

<http://www.it.northwestern.edu/policies/responsibilities.html>

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>