Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Are you getting lots of phishing spam with links to hosts at webs[.]com?

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 20:12:55 +0000

support () jimdo com is fairly responsive.  My collection of all email received here during the month of May  includes
70 different phish message episodes with links to jimdo and 3 individual messages with "benign" links to jimdo - all in
mailing list messages.

Bob Bayn    SER 301    (435)797-2396       IT Security Team
Office of Information Technology,     Utah State University
     three common hazardous email scams to watch out for:
     1) unfamiliar transaction report from familiar business
     2) attachment with no explanation in message body
     3) "phishing" for your email password