Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

AD Authentication

From: Christopher Jones <Christopher.Jones () UFV CA>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:09:01 +0000

For those of you using Orbis' Co-Curricular Record system, I would be interested in knowing what method of
authentication you are employing.  Orbis recommends LDAPS authentication via Active Directory (for those who are
Microsoft shops).  This would mean allowing Orbis access to our AD servers via port 686.  If anyone is using this
application and is allowing AD authentication, I would be interested in hearing your comments/concerns.  Thanks in
advance for your responses.

Christopher Jones
IT Security Analyst
University of the Fraser Valley
Christopher.Jones () ufv ca<mailto:Christopher.Jones () ufv ca>