Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Learning from example - anyone willing to share Vmware/vSphere CLI scripts

From: "James H. Moore" <jhmiso () RIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:08:41 -0500

I am trying to learn Vmware CLI.  I took the Vmware vSphere class, and most of the time when I asked security or
investigations questions, they would usually respond that wasn't available through the vSphere gui, but was something
that you could find, or monitor through the CLI, and suggested that I take the course.  For now, I am trying to
experiment with the vSphere CLI, and maybe build some investigation tools.  But I learn best from example, so I am
looking for CLI scripts.  And if anyone has already done the CLI investigations tool building and are willing to share
them, then please contact me off list (you will have made my day.)

Thanks!

Jim
- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM, ITIL Foundations
Senior Information Security Forensic Investigator
Rochester Institute of Technology
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 255-0809 (Cell - Incident Reporting & Emergencies)
(585) 475-7920 (fax)

If you consciously try to thwart opponents, you are already late.  Miyamoto Musashi, Japanese philosopher/samurai, 1645

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.  John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic, 1928

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any
copies of this information