Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Who was notified about the EDUCAUSE breach

From: Matthew Milliron <mmilliron () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:54:06 +0000

To answer the community’s questions regarding who was notified by EDUCAUSE about the server breach, below is further
information.

Who was notified?

Individuals with active EDUCAUSE website profiles and administrative and technical contacts for .edu domain accounts
were notified via e-mail on Tuesday, February 19. Because e-mail delivery isn’t always guaranteed, EDUCAUSE also posted
messages in social media, on its website, in several constituent and discussion groups, and on the .edu website.

Members and individuals who do not have an EDUCAUSE website profile or are not a .edu domain holder were not notified
because they do not need to take any action. This includes individuals who subscribe exclusively to our constituent and
discussion groups. Prior to June 8, 2012, subscribers to EDUCAUSE groups were not required to have a profile;
therefore, many individuals who only use this service are not affected.

For more information, please visit our web page:
http://www.educause.edu/educause-security-breach-and-password-change-information

Best,

Matthew

Matthew Milliron, Ed.D.
Chief Information Officer

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 303.939.0305 | main: 303.449.4430 | fax: 303.440.0461 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>