Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Confirmation of the EDUCAUSE Security Breach

From: Matthew Milliron <mmilliron () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:43:33 +0000

The information about an EDUCAUSE server breach is accurate.

We have just notified all members and the community via e-mail and social media outlets.

The e-mail notification was sent through our e-mail marketing product (Informz). Links within the e-mail are redirected
through our marketing product.

Please note that the password reset page is responding slowly due to increased traffic. Old password have already been
deactivated; therefore, you do not need to change your password immediately. We expect traffic to the page to decrease
later today and tomorrow.

For more information please visit: http://www.educause.edu/securitybreach

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards,

Matthew

Matthew Milliron, Ed.D.
Chief Information Officer

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 303.939.0305 | main: 303.449.4430 | fax: 303.440.0461 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>