Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IP Camera for Sports?

From: Russ Leathe <Russ.Leathe () GORDON EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:02:35 +0000

We need to replace an ancient analog camera with a new IP camera.  This camera faces the soccer field, and during games
parents fight for control of the PTZ.

Would you recommend a good PTZ that has...

1.)    Day/night

2.)    HD quality

3.)    Multiuser - 10-20 users

4.)    Queuing for control of the PTZ would be great - each user would have 1 minute.

5.)    At least 16x optical

6.)    Able to follow action

The location is the 4th floor of our library, the soccer field is about 50-100 yards from there. The soccer field is
one half of our 'quad'.  So when there are no games,  this will act as our 'eyes' for prospective students.

Which brings up a new topic...because of student privacy...do you allow this?

We typically look at PTZ for security cams but this is a little different.

Thanks

Russ