Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Sample Notification Letter to Affected Parties related to IT Data Breaches

From: Carlos Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:40:56 +0000

All,

We are in the process of establishing a policy, plan and procedures related to computer security incidents and data
breaches and as part of our procedures we would like to include a sample notification letter to affected parties.  If
your institution has a sample letter that you have sent in the past to affected parties and consider it a best practice
we would appreciate it if you would share a copy of said sample letter with us.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Carlos S. Lobato, CISA, CIA

IT Compliance Officer

New Mexico State University

Information and Communication Technologies

MSC 3AT PO Box 30001

Las Cruces, NM  88003

Phone (575) 646-5902

Fax (575) 646-5278