Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SMTP attacks, anyone ?

From: Steven Alexander <alexander.s () MCCD EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:42:49 +0000

Did changing their passwords stop the spam?  If not, did the spammer change accounts or was he able to keep using the
ones you'd already identified?

Did you ask the users if they used the same password for any other accounts?

Did you double-check to make sure that the Postfix server is setup correctly and that it's not actually an open relay?

Steven Alexander Jr.
Online Education Systems Manager
Merced College