Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Results: Public vs. Private IP Address Survey

From: "McCrary, Barbara" <bmccrary () OSRHE EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:32:27 +0000

I am curious too and a bit surprised at the results.

Barbara McCrary
Chief Information Security Officer
MCSE, MCSE:Security, +Messaging, CompTia:Security+
bmccrary () osrhe edu<mailto:bmccrary () osrhe edu>

Protecting data is a shared responsibility!

INSTALL antivirus and antispyware software.
USE strong passwords.
KNOW who you are dealing with online.
STORE confidential and sensitive data on encrypted devices only.
SHUT DOWN home computers or disconnect from the Internet when not in use.

655 Research Parkway
Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
405 225.9316 office
405 234.4321 cell
405 234.4588 fax

Note:  This communication and attachments, if any, are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof.  In
addition, this information and attachments, if any, may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law, including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act of 1974.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing,
disseminating, or otherwise using this information.  If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify
the sender and immediately, delete this communication from your system.