Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Automatic timeout to locking screensaver

From: Drew Perry <aperry () MURRAYSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:45:23 -0500

We recently instituted a Domain-wide 30 minute password-protected
screensaver lock for all systems. There was a lot of fight over it until we
actually did it. Few people have noticed. :) We plan on decreasing it in 5
minute increments over several months down to 15 minutes. PCI was our
overall justification as well.

Drew Perry
Security Analyst
Murray State University
(270) 809-4414
aperry () murraystate edu

***MSU Information Systems staff will *never* ask for your password or
other confidential information via email.***
*
*