Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Directory limits

From: Hugh Burley <Hburley () TRU CA>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:16:17 -0800

We have a limit of 100 returns per search. Equally arbitrary but with the intent of making spammers work a little
harder to collect our staff and faculty information.

Regards,

Hugh Burley
Thompson Rivers University
ITS - Senior Technology Coordinator
Information Security Officer
CISSP, CIPP/C, CISA
Security, Privacy, Audit
BCCOL - 222D
250-852-6351

Roger A Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU> 11/16/12 1:45 pm >>>
We have a limit the number of returns when looking up entries in our directory of twenty.  We've had this limit, or
something like it in place since we discovered fire.  I always thought this was fairly typical.  Recently we have been
asked to justify that choice.  As part of that, I'm wondering now, what do others do.  Is this pretty common?