Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Meraki

From: Aaron Hockett <AHockett () WARNERPACIFIC EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:27:57 -0800

Dr.,

Warner Pacific College has been on Meraki since about early 2006 when
they first came out with their equipment and were one of the first
customers of the product.  Over the last several years we have evaluated
and tested the both higher end Pro units and Enterprise units.  Upon our
conclusion, Meraki was not capable of hitting the highest density areas
and deal with antenna interference given: A) Their radio layout and B)
Their software.  We also experienced numerous problems with their sales
department and even 3rd party vendors getting quotes, shipments in and
other supplemental equipment.  For full details, please feel free to
contact me off list for the full story.  We have since moved on and are
migrating our entire campuses to Ruckus and have begun initial
deployments of the 7363 (indoor) and 7762 (outdoor) units and we are
quite happy with their coverage and reliability.

Regards,

-Aaron Hockett

Warner Pacific College

Network Engineer