Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI SSC - Special Interest Groups

From: David Pirolo <webmaster () WARNERPACIFIC EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:34:17 -0700

Lowe and behold, a new SAQ for P2PE devices...
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/PCI_SAQ_P2PE-HW_v2.pdf

This may answer a few of my questions.

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 09:36 -0700, David Pirolo wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have a subscription for full access to this
article.

Essentially this is saying to work with your acquirer or payment brand
to make the determination on how it best fits.  The confusion is that
our accquirer has stated that we need to follow SAQ-cvt.  The issue with
this is Requirement 4, which states open public network.  What about the
requirements for the college private networks that this may be
connecting through?  Based on this doc I believe that it's a mute issue
for the merchant and responsibility falls to the solution provider if
the device is P2PE.  The merchant would just be responsible for securing
the device.
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/P2PE_%20v%201-1.pdf

The other issue is requirement 5-AV software.  The P2PE doc doesn't
appear to address that.

-David