Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Pitney Bowes Mail & Go Postal Kiosk

From: Elizabeth Shannon <eshann () KSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:24:38 -0400

Our Central Mail Services department has leased a Pitney Bowes Mail & Go
Postal Kiosk.  This self-service kiosk is for postage and shipping that
allows people to pay for their transactions using a credit or debit card
through a card reader.  The credit/debit card transactions are processed
with a Pitney Bowes merchant id, but we provide network connectivity to
the kiosk.

I cannot find any documentation that states that the Pitney Bowes Mail &
Go Postal Kiosk is PCI compliant and I have not been able to confirm with
the Pitney Bowes personnel that I have spoken with that the kiosk is PCI
compliant.  If your institution has evaluated a Mail & Go kiosk or has one
in place, did your institution perform a PCI audit?  Any assistance would
be greatly appreciated.

-------
Elizabeth Shannon
Kansas State University