Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: spamhaus drop etc.

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:15:12 -0400

On 9/20/2012 4:02 PM, Justin Azoff wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 02:47:01PM -0500, john wrote:
Greetings All,

I am planning to add the spamhaus drop and possibly edrop list(s) to bogon
filters on our internet router.

Has anyone experience doing this? Care to share results and how much care &
feeding this effort will entail over time?
We've been blocking the DROP list for years.. I don't think there has
ever been an issue.. they seem to be pretty conservative.

Same here... null routed at the border w/uRPF active to block source addresses too.

Jeff