Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Password security training - USU's latest efforts

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:09:04 +0000

I'm sharing this recent discussion from the ITCOMM (IT Communications) Constituent Group list since it's related to
security awareness and training.

Utah State University recently created a video on passwords and used it for an awareness campaign during back-to-school
week. They offer some great tips on using events already planned by students, for students and how to attract students
to an information security booth.

You'll find USU's latest event listed under 2012 Campus Events in the National Cyber Security Awareness Month resource
kit: https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/NCSAM+Resource+Kit

We would love to display other campus efforts, whether you have a URL specifically for NCSAM 2012 activities or you
just want to share plans via this list. (You'll also find links to free resources and adaptable materials in the green
box at the top of the resource kit page.)
Thanks!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>